Tuesday, January 21, 2003

I'm *cough, cough* Back...

Sorry that it's been so long since I've posted. I've been really busy with things that don't necessarily involve this blog and therefore, aren't really that important.

And to be honest with you, it's been very hard dragging myself out of bed today to blog when all I can think about is poor, poor, beautiful, smart Allison and how stupid Joe Millionaire is.

God, I'm going to need a day to deal with this. In the meantime, please read the links on the left. Or, you can read about how much Michigan's roads suck and craft some sort of an argument whereby you prove that ex-Governer John Engler isn't a total douche.

    From Michigan's website:
    Governor Engler spoke at a meeting of the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials in Washington, D.C. where he also received the President’s Award from the Foundation for Pavement Preservation for saving Michigan nearly $100 million in transportation projects during his tenure as governor.

    Wow! He saved us all that money! Think of it: saving money and shitty roads and bridges! Somebody pinch me!


Or maybe you can spend the next day, whilst you await my glorious and misdirected and ambiguously-slanted return, trying to put into words what I'm feeling about the Iraq situation. It essentially breaks down like this:


    1. We think he has something.
    2. But we can't find it.
    3. And he won't admit that he has it.
    4. So the only reasonable explanation is that he's lying.


Where I come from, this is called "assuming what you've set out to prove,"

    ...although sometimes it's called a Kyle Masterson, because ol' crazy Dr. Masterson used to do that all the time, so we named it after him. He also has public urination named after him...


...and it's not very logically sound.

But what do I know? I don't read newspapers.

I'll be back in full force soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment